Monday, December 1, 2008

AUTO-TUNE

something that once seemed fun can easily be overdone.

for those of you that don't know...

Auto-Tune is a proprietary audio processor created by Antares Audio Technologies that uses a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances. It is used to disguise inaccuracies and mistakes and has allowed many artists to produce more precisely tuned recordings.

hello T-Pain.

It's not like i hate auto-tune... I understand that it's a tool used by many artists to correct pitch and enhance vocal expressiveness. There are many songs that I love which include the use of auto-tune. But I feel like this tool is being somewhat abused to the extent where it's starting to bother me. From Kanye to Lil' Wayne to everyone and their parents.

I'm just thinking 2009 might be a good time to calm with this auto-tune craze.

I take comfort in knowing that Jay-z would never come out with an album largely abandoning rap in favor of digitally altered crooning.

No comments: